Saturday, June 1, 2013

My Top Ten, Those Whom I Idolize?

I've been meaning to create a list of this nature for quite some time. There are many people, most of whom are considered "eccentric" or "quirky," who have inspired me to become my own being. This being said, let the list commence!

1. Stephen Colbert
Where to begin? Satire is what I enjoy most in life, and satire just happens to take form in the very being of Mr. Colbert.

2. Quentin Tarantino
Being one of the more controversial figures in the creative world, I immediately found myself respecting Mr. Tarantino.  He is a stylistic genius, referencing numerous cultures and works of art in all of his creations.  He is, in my opinion, one of the most talented people in all of the world.  

3. Tim Burton
Creepy. Amazing. Pure genius.

4. Gwen Stefani
I used to pretend to dress like Gwen.  She is her own person and I love that about her (also, she loves the Harajuku culture as do I).

5. Seth MacFarlane 
He's so absolutely offensive, but does so to prove a point. A true prodigy as far as I'm concerned.

6. James Thurber
My personal favorite American author, artist, and doer of awesome.  I was first inspired by Thurber when I was in the third grade, and he has yet to let me down.

7. Groucho Marx
The king of comedy, and that which I one day hope to evolve into.

8. Kristin Wiig
I have a strong feeling that Kristin and I could be best friends. 

9. Marty Feldman
Some people have difficulty understanding his humor.  I believe that those people need to reevaluate their lives.  Marty is a boss.

10. Robin Williams
Robin Williams can play anything.  He is completely mental--partially because of drug use--but hey, that's why we love him.

Honorable mentions: Ellen DeGeneres, Woody Allen, Steve Martin, Bill Murray, John Hughes, John Belushi, Chris Rock, Gene Wilder, Bette Davis, Billy Bob Thorton, and of course, Joaquin Phoenix

Sure, the majority of the people listed are "just" some comedians, but they are comedians who have nonetheless affected the way that I look at humanity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment