Sunday, December 30, 2012

Why the Insolence?

This will be one of my few personal posts, so here it goes.

Today I was standing in line at Urban Outfitters, minding my own business, when a very mean looking woman started yelling at me for "cutting" in front of her in line.  This woman was standing across the aisle at the jewelry table (which is quite a distance from the front of the line) when she began griping out me.  Rather than call her an incompetent noob, seeing as the line in this particular store traditionally starts in the trail of miscellaneous merchandise that has be placed in front of the registers, I expressed my embarrassment and told her that I was genuinely unaware that she was in line to begin with.  She, surprisingly (or should I say not surprisingly), replied with a rude response to my apology, and stormed in front of me.  Her insolence!  I was literally on the verge of tears, and probably would have smacked her in the face if she said one more thing to me.

This rant was inspired by the impatience and egocentric attitude of the people of the modern era.  I, in all honesty, am sick and tired of people being rude to one another, especially when they are rude without reason.  I would understand discourtesy if it were triggered by a legitimate cause, but to be rude to a stranger?  To be rude or dislike someone that you do not truly know, is just malicious. The past couple of months have really deteriorated my already lacking self-esteem, thanks to the inconsideration of others.  Why can people be so mean without justification?  Believe it or not, peoples words hurt.

The moral of this story?  Maybe if you took the time to be nice to others, you would feel a little bit better about yourself

I may or may not be referring to multiple occurrences other than today's happening at Urban.

No comments:

Post a Comment