Monday, January 21, 2013

I'm a Gamer and Proud of It

I will never understand why video games are stigmatized.  Sure I have a DS.  Yes, I do play this DS.  Sure, Pokemon may be my favorite series.  Why now, is this a bad thing?  Playing video games is a perfectly healthy way to release stress after a long day at school or work, and playing games certainly doesn't make you any less of a person.

This mini-discussion was sparked by a story that I heard the other night, about a high school kid that was made fun of for playing his DS on the bus.  I found this to be really sad, mainly because the bully in this situation is obviously unaware of how awesome video games are.  To be completely honest, one of my BIGGEST pet peeves is when someone makes fun of video games, and the people who play these games.  Is being "nerdy" a bad thing?  No, being nerdy is fricking awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment