Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Prompromprom!

Okay so I was inspired by Adventure Time to blog about prom, thus I shall blog away!

Firstly, I love the idea of prom, primarily because everyone feels and looks absolutely beautiful. It's so difficult (especially as a teenager) to feel genuinely good about yourself, and I feel like prom gives everyone a chance to do so.

In negation, for a night that is supposed to be fun and celebrate youth and whatnot, it is ridiculously expensive. The ticket alone cost more than my dress, and honestly, that's kind of sad. A lot of the time people don't go to prom because they can't afford it, and that's really unfortunate!

Lastly, people are often afraid to go to prom by themselves. I went by myself to junior prom, and I still had the most amazing time! In the end, it doesn't matter whether or not you have a date. To be honest, going solo is probably 1000000x better than going with someone that you really didn't want to go with, just so that you could have a date. In fact, unless you're in a serious relationship, I would recommend going by yourself. I feel like there's less stress that way (and you can always get pictures with your friends so that's not even a concern).

Needless to say, I'm super excited about senior prom and cannot wait to show off my rad dance moves.

Happy Prom everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment